Pumpkin Puree


elizabethshomemaderecipes.blogspot.com

Para versão Portuguesa clique aqui: “Puré de Abóbora”

Some recipes call for pumpkin puree. In my opinion roasting it in the oven is a better alternative to cooking it in water over the stove. This puree is great to use in breads, cakes and soups. I prefer using butternut squash because I find it sweeter.

elizabethshomemaderecipes.blogspot.comelizabethshomemaderecipes.blogspot.com

After rinsing and drying it, I cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and fiber. Depending on its size I’ll cut it again in fourths and place the pieces on a baking tray with skin side down and bake in a 180ºC oven for 1h15’, or until a fork can be easily inserted. I remove it from the oven and let it cool until I can handle it. I scoop out the pulp with a spoon and place it in the thermomix. Then set for 30 seconds, speed 3 slowly turning dial to 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment